Saturday, June 5, 2010

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Hello, internet! I'm Hank Mclaughlin (Known as "Mr. Dude" on many sites) and I'm the head and only member of LandFish Studios, a one-man open source game development project.

I'm currently working on a big (Well, bigger than I usually do) project, which I will describe in my next post.

A bit about myself:

I am a community college student who may be dropping out due to lack of money. (If a student loan doesn't go through...)

I have been programming for about five years now, and have worked with Java, C++, Python, Ruby, and Lua. I like to code open source games that I then give away for free. I don't plan to sell my games for money any time soon, but I may turn to that some time in the future. (Even then, I'll be indie and stay that way)

I'm currently working quite a bit with Lua using Love2D (http://love2d.org), which combines SDL, OpenGL, OpenAL, and Box2D in one lovely package.

I'm a Linux user (Mandriva Linux, specifically), and I am fluent (Well, reasonably so) in the command line as well as knowing some basic system administration principles.

So, hello internet. It's nice to meet you.

1 comment:

  1. Hello back! =) Best wishes for college and game dev both.

    ReplyDelete