Friday, September 17, 2010

A Sincere Effort and Hopefully Successful Mini-LD Warmup

I've decided that I need a project I can commit to, and that the easiest way to commit to a project is, well, to actually commit to one.

To that end, I've decided to try to create a real Mini-LD warmup. I'm using the same kind of time frame that I'm going to use for the Mini-LD: Work from Friday morning to Monday evening, taking Tuesday if needed. I'm going to use the theme similarly, as in that I'm probably not going to use the theme.

(The host of this month's Mini-LD, Sophie, has been very adamant about how loose the rules are for this one)

The game I've got in mind is a ninja game. Specifically, a furry ninja platformer about a vixen trying to save her little sister from a ninja school rival. The player will have a choice between two characters, as well.

It'll be a Flash game, and I will post it on Kongregate when I'm done with it. It'll (hopefully) have 10-12 levels, two bosses, and 3-4 types of baddies. Both characters will also have different attributes.

I just need to keep my focus on this one. The only way I'll succeed is if I keep at it, and the only way I'll keep at it is to just keep at it.
I've tried all sorts of self-talk, all sorts of contemplation, and all sorts of "finding the Right Idea", but it comes down to just actually doing the work.

I really want this. It's a good idea, and I think it can be fun. I want to make this happen more than I've wanted anything since I started getting as flaky as I have.

Enough of that, though. I'll keep folks here as well as on the Ludum Dare blog up to date as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment