Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Code Painting - Fetch with Puppy

I've started on a code painting. It's about a kid playing fetch with a puppy; hence the title, Fetch with Puppy.

I'm writing it in AS3 using Adobe Flex and FlashPunk.

Its mechanics boil down to the following:
  • You have a puppy and a ball
  • You can walk back and forth
  • You can throw the ball either overhand or underhand
  • Your puppy will try to catch the ball when you throw it
That's a pretty simple set of mechanics, I think.

It was inspired by the "fish pond" applet that I have on my other blog, which is usually good for calming myself down when I'm feeling stressed out.

By the end of the week, I plan to have something playable.

Today, I'm going to be busy cleaning up my room (it's gotten awful) and I also have a bit of homework to do (college does that), but I'll try to get something together by tomorrow afternoon or so.

Here's hoping I can get it done.

Peace, love, and soothing play,

   --- Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment